Scheduled Reminders & Notifications
Understanding Admin Subscriptions
Admin Subscriptions are email notifications sent to users in the system.
Managing scheduled reminders
Send scheduled reminders by email or text to a group of volunteers to remind them of their upcoming job assignments!
Managing contact subscriptions
Easily View and manage who is subscribed to a scheduled reminders.
Using SMS reminders
Learn how to send and manage SMS reminders
Q: What are notifications
- Reminder notifications are emails/text messages sent to volunteers/staff about a shift they have. You can send them automatically each day to multiple recipients or manually trigger to one recipient.
- Confirmation/Alert notifications are emails sent to volunteers/staff about a schedule shift change or confirmation of job shift. These are manually triggered by system user.
- Account & system user notifications are emails sent to the staff about their user account. These are manually triggered by system user.
Q: Do we get email notifications when volunteers sign up for an opening in the Volunteer Portal?
Q: Not all my volunteers are receiving shift reminders. Why not?
A volunteer (or staff member) will receive a shift reminder by email if ALL the following are true: a) one of the scheduled email shift reminders is enabled in the Admin/Notification area, b) the contact has an email address in their contact profile, and c) the contact is “subscribed” to email shift reminders in their contact profile.
Q: Volunteer did not receive an email notification
Below are some of the most common reasons your volunteer might not be receiving the notification:
- First, be patient; sometimes it takes a few minutes for the email to arrive to the volunteer.
- Have them check their junk/spam email box; the notification might have been filtered as junk/spam.
- Check with your volunteer that the email address in your system is the correct one. Spelling is correct, it might be an old email address, or if they have multiple emails and they are checking the wrong one.
Q: Who is notified about a shift signup or "offer"?
Under Admin & Setup → Our Company, the email address provided in the field "Main Volunteer Coordinator" will receive an email notification with the offer. Also you can view the sign ups on the "Offers Inbox" page. View a tutorial here.
Q: Who is notified when contact us form is submitted?
Under Admin & Setup → Our Company, the email address provided in the field "Main Volunteer Coordinator" will receive an email notification with the submitted form contents.